Saturday, December 30, 2006

Called and left a message for the lady at the courthouse last week - no response. Last year at this time when I decided to embark on this search, I remember thinking "There's no way it will be a year before I hear something" but here I am. I suppose I'll try to call her again, since she didn't even return my voicemail, but I'm fairly certain she'd have called by now if she had anything to report.

In other news, another birthday has come and gone. I had to work this year on my birthday, which was a little weird. No one knew it was my birthday so I luckily avoided the awkward singing and such. On my birthday I always think, "If there is only one day a year that my mom remembers me, it would probably be today" and I wonder if she really does remember. As with most years, I head to the adoption registry website and see if there are any new listings. No such luck. Does anyone else find those registries super depressing? Thousands and thousands of adopted people posting all the info they know hoping to find a long lost relative and very few families actually looking for the children they put up for adoption? Blah.

2 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

I'm sorry you haven't had any luck with your search. That is really awful and unfair. I wish I knew something about searching, but I don't. I hope in 2007 you get some answers.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Laurie (formerly known as Momseekingpeace) said...

I think so many times there is so much more than teh lists, we as mothers dont always know where to look or even that we can.
Have you checked with search angels?


Closehrse@hotmail.com if you want a list.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home