Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Thought

Growing up, I thought about being adopted. I don't remember how often I thought about it, but when it did cross my mind I thought about it in great detail. You'd think that in twenty six years, I'd have thought of everything. I'm quickly learning that I didn't think of everything. Here's something that has blown my mind over the past few days...

this
and
this

Holy crap - there could be a picture of me and my mom out there somewhere? It had never occurred to me that anyone except maybe the hospital had a picture of me before I was adopted at four months old. Is there a picture of me hidden away in a jewelery box or an attic? Might I one day be able to see what I looked like when I was born? It's pretty crazy to think about...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

I see those pictures and wish in my time mothers had been "allowed" pictures with their children. Think it was pretty rare in my era though - many of us didn't even see or hold our babies - let alone have a precious photo. At least I saw my son, but, oh how sweet it would have been to have a photo of us when he was a baby!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home