Wednesday, January 04, 2006

welcome!

Well, here it is, the first post. I don't even know where to start. I'm on a journey that goes way into my past and will probably continue far into my future and I wanted to document it and hopefully help others who might be experiencing the same thing.

One of my favorite songs is by a band called Thrice and it is called For Miles. It is the song that inspired the title of this blog, "Every Scar Is A Bridge", with the lyrics "Every scar is a bridge to someone's broken heart". I didn't realize until recently that adoption has had such a profound impact on the first 26 years of my life. Now that I am thinking about it more, a lot of things are making sense to me, and it is true that although I don't remember what happened to me, there are still scars. I hope that other adoptees will find this blog and be able to relate to my journey and realize, like I did, that adoption has a real impact on adoptees and that the feelings we have are legitimate and not uncommon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and have been going through reading some of your posts. Thank you. I'm in my 30s and it has just recently hit me how much my adoption has affected my life even though I had loving parents and a very good home. Reading your blog has made me feel normal, to others that don't understand Iam crazy for even thinking about wanting to know my birthparents and something must be wrong with me to even think I might want a relationship with them. No one understands unless they are in our shoes. My birthmothers children found out about me so they found me and Iam in contact with my birthmother now. It's going, but it's difficult. Just recently I found my birthfather. It was after finally having a name to go on that everything just hit me. Haven't decided yet on how I'll deal with him. Not sure what he even knows or if wants to know I'm out here. I'm just having a real hard time dealing with guilt. Guilt over hurting my parents that have raised me since I was just a few days old. They know what I'm doing and they don't have to say anything for me to know it's hurting them, but I have to do this for myself. Thanks for your blog and I'll be praying for you in your search!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home